Quiltworx Club Classes - March 2024 - September 2024 - Technique Patterns
Quiltworx Classes - March 2024 - September 2024
This club will focus on Technique Patterns (Vintage Rose, Dinner Plate Dahlia, Coral Reef and Carnival Flower)
The Judy Niemeyer Club is dedicated to foundation paper piecing patterns by renowned designer Judy Niemeyer (Quiltworx). The class will be taught by a Certified Quiltworx Instructor. It is suitable for both novice paper piecers and those who want to expand their existing knowledge. Despite its appearance, patterns are easy to learn and culminate in a stunning quilt. Prior experience with foundation paper piecing is not mandatory.
Each class grouping is for 5 classes. Each class will run for 6 hours once per month (Total of 30 hours of sewing time).
During each session, a construction element and/or demonstrate a technique pertinent to this sessions' projects will be presented. The balance of the time will be spent sewing.
What you will learn in this class:
- How to read and work with a Quiltworx pattern.
- Cutting Foundation papers.
- Cutting and Stacking techniques
- Registration Points
- Floating Points
- Wedged Seams
Classes will focus on various techniques, AND will leave lots of time to sew.
PURCHASE OF SUPPLIES/FABRICS/PATTERNS/BOOKS:
Participants should acquire necessary fabrics and supplies prior to the commencement of class to allow for your preferred pre-class preparation (washing / ironing, cutting).
The ‘x’ pattern by Quiltworx is required for this class, and it will be available for purchase from Along Came Quilting. To comply with copyright requirements, each student must have their own original pattern.
FABRIC SELECTION & REQUIREMENTS:
If new to Quiltworx patterns, do not pre cut any template paper before the class--an expedient cutting technique will be demonstrated in class. All fabrics should be ironed and ready to be cut. Experienced students may pre cut template paper before class; make sure to label all bags as instructed in the pattern directions.
- Rotary cutter (45mm or 60mm) with a sharp blade
- Cutting mat
- Grid Rulers - 6” X 24” and / or 3” x 12”
- Add-a-Quarter Ruler - 12” and / or 6”
- Template plastic for a fold template (3” by 12”)
- Scotch tape
- Repositionable Glue stick – Scotch (provided in class)
- Glue Pen / Refills (any brand - Sewline, Bonin, Fons & Porter - any brand will do)
- Fine (0.45mm) Pins – Flower Head pins (Blue) work great!
- Machine needles (Microtex 70),
- High quality cotton thread for piecing (50/3) - Aurifil is my favourite!
- “Purple Thang” or other type of stiletto
- Seam Ripper
- Stapler / Staples (for use when paper templates will be cut)
- Large Ziploc Storage Bags (26.8cm x 27.3cm)
- Large paperclips
- Highlighter and/or pen
- Small ironing mat
All supplies (rulers, cutters, tools, etc.) should be labelled with your name and brought to all classes.
POLICIES AND INFORMATION:
Participants may register for classes in advance either through:
online at papersandthreadquilting.com or
via e-transfer to email@example.com.
Payment in person via credit card will be accepted at the first day of class.
If, for any reason, a participant cannot participate in a class for which s/he has registered, a refund will be issued via payment method made. Partial refunds and/or free make-up classes are not provided.
Class participants are asked to arrive no more than 5 minutes before class time to set up their sewing machine, organize supplies and fabrics, etc.